SECONDARY TEACHERS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SESSION
Cost for a 2 hour session is AUD$4000 + GST. Note, this can also be done as 2 x 1 hour sessions at different times.
Cost for a full day with faculty breakout time is AUD$7000 plus GST.
Available dates: It depends when your teacher professional development day is, email Dr Salter to see if the date/time you want is available: email@example.com
- 2 hours is needed for the secondary teacher professional development session.
- Ideally it is good to give faculty groups time after the session to start the follow-up activities on developing their faculty study skills policy.
- For F2F session, teachers preferably to be seated at tables in faculty groups.
- This session is for secondary school teachers only, although Year 5/6 teachers may also find it useful for transition purposes.
- Handouts are sent to the school to be copied prior to the session.
- For the F2F session you need a venue that has a large screen, data projector and microphone.
- Aims of the session: To increase teachers’ knowledge and understanding of effective study skills. To demonstrate practical ways teachers can help improve study skills within the classroom environment.
FOCUS OF THE SESSION
Developing students’ study skills:
– Helping students develop their time management and planning skills.
– Helping students prepare and study for tests and examinations.
This is an Elective PD and covers the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers:
1.1 Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students.
1.2 Understand how students learn.
1.5 Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities.
3.1 Establish challenging learning goals.
3.3 Use teaching strategies.
5.2 Provide feedback to students on their learning.
6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice.
6.3 Engage with colleagues and improve practice.
6.4 Apply professional learning and improve student learning.
It was an absolute pleasure to have you address our staff and we really appreciate the guidance in developing norms and processes in the development of Study Skills.
I look forward to keeping in touch and appreciate your support.
Principal, Northholm Grammar School
A true learning experience. The seminar provided by ELES was probably the best investment in Professional Development that our school has ever undertaken. Presented by an experienced teacher for teachers, the program recognized the importance of addressing students’ individual needs and engaging them as independent learners.
Principal, Australian International School, Hong Kong.
ACCESS SLIDES from Professional Development Session you recently attended: DOWNLOAD SLIDES SESSION 1 and DOWNLOAD SLIDES FOLLOW-UP SESSION and INDEPENDENT LEARNING DIAGRAM and INDEPENDENT LEARNING GRID and INDEPENDENT LEARNING CHECKLIST FOR EES and ASSESSMENT GRID and PREPARING FOR YOUR TEST and ASSESSMENT REFLECTION and WHOLE SCHOOL PRACTICE and NOTES EXAMPLES
Note: Please ensure you comply with copyright law and always acknowledge/give credit to Enhanced Learning Educational Services when using any of our materials: freebies, resources or materials from sessions. We remind our students not to plagiarise….so please ensure you recognise the use of any of the intellectual property of ELES and do not use our materials without acknowledging the source. Our resources will already have the copyright information on the bottom of each page of the products. We rely on your professional integrity in this matter.