Remote Home Learning FAQs (group licence version)
In this video series Dr Prue Salter answers the top questions for families around how to manage remote home learning for secondary students. This video series was created in response to COVID-19, however many of the ideas will still be useful for families even if your period of remote home learning has ended.
Currently FREE for schools for ALL of the Years 7-12 families at your school.
All you have to do is email us to let us know you want to arrange access for your school and we will send you the link which you then forward to your Years 7-12 families. Easy!
Watch a short trailer that gives a sample of the presentation:
Topics covered include –
- How can families make the home environment a better space for learning?
- How much schoolwork should students be doing each day?
- What is the best way to approach the day’s learning?
- How involved should parents be and what if they also have to work at home?
- How important is it to stick to the curriculum?
- Any specific advice for senior students?
- What if students have trouble learning this way?
- What should senior students do if they feel they are disadvantaged?
- How can students stay motivated to do their schoolwork at home?
- How can students stay more focused in online lessons?
- What do you need to know about webinars?
- How much screen time can students have outside of schooltime?
- What can students do outside of their schoolwork to be more effective learners?
- What are the top tips for parents?
- What are the top tips for students?
- Where can you get help from?
The one hour session is broken into 17 bite sized chunks of mini-videos.
Online study skills seminars:
Looking for something different than the above? Choose from below to see the other options for your choice of seminar.